Sunday 30 October 2016

Rain rain go away....

It's day time and dark and pouring with rain outside here in Campbeltown at the moment, so time to post a report.

Not a huge amount of work over the past week. Other things have got in the way.

I have been doing a little scenery work on Barra Town and testing some ideas I have about ballasting and weathering the track.

Also got out some of my N scale houses etc and started lining them up to see which arrangement looks best so that I can start marking the roads.



 The two paper towel tubes are marking where a grain silo might be located, though on the original Coonabarabran this is where a stock yard is/was situated.

This is the pilot model for the grain silo which is planned to be released by new manufacturer Meerkat Models in the not too distant future and displayed at the Liverpool Exhibition in October, so I'm hoping to grab a kit when they're available.

You can access Meerkat facebook at  https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatModels/

Another pleasant surprise at Liverpool was a sneek preview of Gopher Models 44 class.

This is the reverse livery. Phil Badger reckons they'll be available just before Christmas.

There has been little obvious work on my other layout Ga Hong Ha because I've been updating the wiring with my new Aldi soldering Iron as well as working on a couple of pieces of rolling stock. I've been scrachbuilding the same two vehicles for what seems like forever. About time I finished them.


This is a Vietnam Railways 50 foot bogie boxcar I'm working on. Big for metre gauge don't you think! I'm told the Vietnam metre gauge loading gauge is much bigger than some others, a good decision made by the French many years ago.

I've decided to learn how to etch the small parts because my eyes are not as good as they used to be.

The rain seems to have almost stopped and my wife has come home, so I'll see you again next time.

David



No comments:

Post a Comment