Monday 17 October 2016

G'day.....

Welcome to my new blog.

I've been involved in the hobby of model railways off and on for what seems like forever, my first model train being a clockwork set when I was a about 5 or 6 years old.

Currently I am building two layouts, both in N Scale.

The first I have been building for some time and is based on the Railways of Vietnam. It's called "Ga Hong Ha" (Hong Ha Station) and is being built to Japanese N Scale (1:150) standards. This makes the track slightly narrow gauge to represent Vietnamese metre gauge. I culd have used Z scaletrack (6mm) but this would have really restricted the motive power I could use. Why the Railways of Vietnam (Duong Sat Viet Nam)? Because my wife comes from their and I've become quite passionate about the railways of that country.

The second, "Barra Town" is quite new and early in it's life cycle. It will represent a typical NSW country station and town based loosely on Coonabarraban. It's being built in Australian N scale (1:160) so I will have somewhere to run my 48 classes, my Frate-N locomotives and my Aust-N-Rail and Peter Boorman rolling stock.


 Below are a couple of photos of my Vietnamese layout:






 As I said my NSW layout is still just at the beginning but here are a couple of photos to give you an idea of where I'm heading:


 As you can see everything on Barra Town is still a bit of a mess. Lucky I've retired so I've got the time to work on both!

More next time......

David


No comments:

Post a Comment